Date and Time
One day seminar: Monday 29 April
About the Seminar
Are you applying for a Civil Service or Public Sector role? Do you want some advice and guidance on writing the competency questions that are part of the application form? Would you like some input on writing your CV? Do you want some advice on preparing for the interview?
This one-day training course is suitable for public sector applicants and candidates. It will provide you with practical advice on both completing an application for and preparing yourself for a public sector interview. If you are preparing for an interview in the civil service, local authorities, public sector bodies or academic institutions, this course will provide you with practical advice on preparing yourself for a public sector interview.
Alternatively, if you are looking for Training as a public sector interviewer, you will find information about our Interview Skills for Interview Panel Members here
The main topics addressed during this training programme are:
- Preparing your CV/Application form
- The structure and format of a public sector interview, helping you to know what to expect on the day of the interview
- Preparing for the interview – advice on what to prepare and how to go about your interview preparation, as well as tips about handing interview nerves
- Answering questions, best practise input on how to answer competency-based questions and other interview questions that frequently arise
- Practise answering interview questions
- Discussion on what interviewers are focussed on during the interview and what influences the scores.
This course is highly interactive and practical and will give you the skills and confidence needed to be successful during your interview.
Tina Kinirons is a business psychologist who has extensive experience as an interview board member and is involved in both shortlisting and interviewing on behalf of several public sector organisations. She trains interview boards members and delivers training courses to public sector candidates in interview preparation and writing application forms. She also coaches individual candidates and helps them complete application forms, CVs and prepare for interview. She holds a M.Sc. in Occupational Psychology.
You can read Tina’s blog: You can read Tina's blog: Interview Tips for Civil Service and Public Sector Interviews, by clicking here
You can read Tina's blog: Completing an application form for the Civil and Public Service, by clicking here
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.