Date and Time
One day course: Thursday 7 March
About the Course
Key Principles and Toolkit for Employees of Public Bodies
This half-day course will provide employees of public bodies with an understanding of the essential principles underlying Irish freedom of information legislation.
They will also acquire the skills to make judgment calls on requests for access to records and be better equipped to act as decision makers or internal reviewers.
The content of the course includes:
- Overview of the FOI Act 2014 – principles and objectives
- FOI in practice – statistics and experience to date
- Key FOI people – the who's who
- What is a record?
- Administrative Exemptions
- Substantive Exemptions
- Cost, Time-frames and Third Party Negotiation
- Internal review and appeals
- Amendment of Personal Information and Right to be given Reasons
This course is suitable for new and established employers/ employees alike, at all levels and in all roles within the Civil Service and Public Sector.
Attendees will qualify for 3 CPD Points
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.