Date and Time:
Two day course: Tuesday 2 April Wednesday 3 April
About the Course
Pre-Maternity Course – Employee Workshop
As employers, we are often great at supporting our employees as they prepare for retirement, but what about those going through the considerable professional and personal change of maternity leave.
Help your employees to navigate this change, and the associated psychological transition of stepping away from their career for maternity leave and starting or growing their family. Not only is this beneficial for employee wellbeing, it supports you to retain and engage this important employee demographic.
Running over two consecutive days, this course covers practical aspects of preparing your employees to take a step away from their career; manage their mental and physical well-being through this change; and look at what they can do now to set themselves up for a successful return.
It is recommended participants attend this course between 20 and 28 weeks of pregnancy.
Morning: Legislation & leave applications – 9.30 am -1 pm
- Maternity legislation and related workplace practices
- Your entitlements explained
- Applying for maternity and related leave
- Your rights beyond the workplace – maternity care rights and options
Afternoon: Proactively planning your career break - 2-4.30 pm
- Successfully managing your career
- Agreeing a plan with your line manager
- Managing your money while on leave (tips of saving money)
- Getting the best out of your maternity leave
Morning: Preparing for personal transition – 9.30 am -1 pm
- Your changing identity & relationships
- Planning a positive pregnancy, birth and early parenthood
- Minding yourself through change – resilience & self-compassion
- Building a network of support
Afternoon: Planning for the future – 2-4.30 pm
- Looking ahead to your return & available supports
- Getting back on track with your career
- Your personal checklist
Claire Flannery is the Founder and Director of 'Strength Within' coaching and consultancy, where she focuses on helping people create the headspace and mental clarity to discover, cultivate and maximise their strength within. Claire is a qualified Business Psychologist and Executive, Business & Personal Coach with over a decade of experience working in HR leadership in Financial and Professional Services. She has worked with business leaders and individuals through significant organisational and personal change, including periods of organisational growth, restructure and downsizing. She is also a mum to two small boys and has personal experience of successfully managing her career while preparing to transition out of, and back into, the workforce.
Sharon Dillon-Lyons is a Barrister-at-Law. She practises in civil litigation including tort and contract law. She has experience working in policy and compliance with non-governmental organisations; specifically, legal duties of bodies including legislative compliance with data protection, freedom of information and health and safety. She also has experience of best practice tools to monitor implementation of policies, procedures and compliance with legal and contractual obligations.
All of our open programmes can also be run on an in-house basis. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.