About our Building High Performance Teams training
There is a difference between a group of colleagues and a team. When it comes to teams, and teamwork, there are fundamental principles that should be applied. When applied correctly, teams can have a positive impact on the performance of an organisation as a whole. Conversely, there are also common obstacles that prevent teams from reaching their full potential. By learning how to build, and manage, a team that can work across projects, over even across Departments, managers can deliver productivity while maintaining good employee morale.
Through recommended readings and interactive classroom simulations, this workshop brings attendees through the fundamentals of team-building, and how to overcome common obstacles. Attendees will be asked to reflect upon their role as team members and team leaders in both formally- and informally-organised groups. They will also learn about their own leadership role in practicing mutual accountability and to challenging ‘groupthink’.
- Ability to develop, communicate, and track team based objectives that create buy-in and support;
- Define clear performance goals, develop mutual accountability and managing poor performers;
- Understand and apply the process of building high performance teams and team synergies; and
- Understand how to maintain the balance between team task and relationships.
The workshop will cover some of the following topics:
- Team versus Group – what’s the difference?;
- The 5 Dysfunctions of a team;
- The characteristics of an effective team;
- The difference between task and relationship; and
- Understanding team roles, engagement and motivation.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.