About our Proofreading Skills workshop
How do you feel when you read a report, leaflet, letter or professional website that contains errors in grammar, spelling and punctuation? Not impressed?
We all know that business writing must be polished and professional at all times, but the challenge lies in avoiding errors and inconsistencies in grammar, spelling and punctuation. Information must be correct, clear, and concise and must communicate the intended message.
How do you check that a sentence is grammatically correct? When do you use “that” and “which”? When can you use “infer”? What is best practice in writing numbers and dates? These are the kinds of issues that proof-readers face every day.
This workshop gives attendees a road-map of the issues a proofreader must be aware of, and how to navigate them. This workshop uses hands-on practical work to help attendees ‘learn by doing’.
After this workshop, participants will:
- Understand the role of a proofreader;
- Understand how to proofread a document for accuracy and consistency;
- Be able to identify and correct common errors of grammar and punctuation;
- Be aware of commonly confused words;
- Get a punctuation refresher;
- Know how to read and use proofreaders’ marks; and
- Be able to work through the checklist for proofreaders.
This workshop uses a variety of authentic material, including some from your organisation. It is suitable for anyone who would like to ensure that all of their written material is correct and consistent.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Did you know?
PAI offer all of our courses as In-House programmes. For more information, see our page on In-House Training.