If you have been approved to bring your spouse/partner, please select “2” from the quantity drop-down menu on the ticket selector.
Please note: Any civil servants who are living or working abroad who wish to attend this course must have explicit written approval from their HR manager BEFORE booking a place. Accommodation, if needed, must be coordinated with your HR contact. PAI supply training only. If you have any question, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Pre-retirement Planning Course programme ensures participants receive and are prepared for the major changes and challenges of retirement. Our objective is to give our participants the confidence to make the necessary plans for a long and rewarding retirement. The day will open with a unit outlining ‘A Positive Approach to Retirement’, this acts as a framework to enable participants to engage with the main issues to be planned for in retirement and as a mechanism to provoke thought and questions for sessions that follow on. Many retirees may approach retirement with a degree of trepidation towards this major life changing event, one of the key objectives of this programme is to help participants overcome any such concerns and to enable participants to see retirement as a time of opportunity. One to one discussions are encouraged throughout the sessions, at tea break or amongst fellow participants to discuss issues and personal challenges.
- A positive approach to retirement
- Will & inheritance
- Taxation System
- Financial/Pension Planning
- Social Welfare System
- Civil Service Superannuation Scheme
- Healthy Lifestyle Options
Please note this there are two Dublin venues, PAI 25 Mountjoy Square (Georgian Building) and The Talbot Hotel Stillorgan (fully accessible venue).
Regional training will take place in the Killeshin Hotel Portlaoise (fully accessible venue).
- Please check eligibility and internal booking procedures with your HR manager.
- Select course date and complete online booking form.
- Please ensure you provide your HR manager/ administrator contact details, bookings will not be processed without this.
- You are welcome and encouraged to invite your spouse. Please reserve two places and complete additional person booking details. Additional spaces are for a spouse only.
Cancellations and transfers
- No transfers are available for this course.
- PAI cannot hold places or group bookings. All bookings are processed individually.
- Should you need to cancel your place for any reason please email email@example.com, this will be processed within one week of receipt of email.
- To attend an alternative date, a new booking must be made online via www.pai.ie.